Official WAKO GB Instructor Coaching Course – Online Version
Since 2011, we have been educating members on the importance of WAKO Policies, best practices in kickboxing and applying the fundamentals of coaching into our methodology.
This course, in addition to the previous material, now boasts:
- More Modules
- Full Anatomy & Physiology Learning
- Safeguarding Integration
- Movement Mechanics in Martial Arts
- Live Workshops for Practical Application
- A deeper assessment protocol
What the ‘instructor’ gets is a fully loaded online platform with manuals for each module, videos and presentations to follow and make notes from, a full live teaching day followed closely by an assessment day.
There is also a technique Workbook that must be brought to the live workshop to populate over the duration of the learning with a tutor.
The Aim of this is to develop an understanding of the various practical exercises, movements & sessions that are used in the Kickboxing Programmes such as combinations and variations in movement.
By the end of the live workshop day, attendees should be able to:
- Completely mobilise and ‘warm up’ the group
- Apply combinations into a realistic fighting methodology as well as for fitness improvements
- Completely apply developmental stretching to the group as a ‘cool down’
- Plan, Design & Deliver a full 60 minute session for your partner and/or group of people that includes a Warm Up, Main Session, Cool Down
Time Table of the live workshop and Assessment Day:
- 08:45 Arrive
- 09:00 Introduction and check PARQ / Paperwork
- 09:30 Tutor led Kickboxing Class.
- 10:30 Comfort Break
- 10:45 Practical: Warm Up & Cool Down Protocols
- 12:00 LUNCH
- 12:45 Practical: Movement Mechanics Workshop
- 14:00 PBKB Coaching Model
- 15:30 Complex Building: Understanding Combinations
- 16:30 Complex Selection for Assessment & Preparation
- 17:00 Course Consolidation & Close
WAKOGB, in partnership with Universal Training (Universal Martial Arts Training), has developed a Martial Arts Coaching Development Programme. Through this programme WAKOGB offers its members the opportunity to obtain their nationally recognised coaching qualification. This is an essential part of running a successful, safe club.
The coaching programme helps instructors provide a safe and positive training environment in their clubs. It also helps raise awareness of best practice in contemporary coaching methods.
The programme focuses on developing the Instructor’s understanding and teaching skills and aims to enhance their ability to effectively share their skills and knowledge with their students. Is looks at Health and Safety, Session Planning, Record Keeping & the Essential Documentation needed by WAKOGB.